Sunday 7 March 2010

09 - Exaggeration and Weight


This week's lecture was about exaggeration and weight, or the importance of them. It is interesting how much there is to consider over something that seems so self explanatory, like how exaggerating a real pose can make it more real than the real one... Well in this week we had to apply those principles to our last weeks assignment, the block test, and transform it in to a nice walk.

It was in this stage that I came to realize the things that seemed trivial in my block test made a great difference when interpolated. So I redid the block test...

And still after the most careful execution of a block test that I ever made there were still errors that I had problems fixing. Mainly how the IK handles can cause a very disconcerting knee popping, which was corrected by adding some squash and stretch in the legs. The rest, like the foot roll and the head bob are to be fixed next week.


My mentor found that the poses reflected concern, although they were very similar in the legs. Which I find him to have a good point. I'll try to have more mixed motion on next week assignment .


Well here is the selected pose converted to Stu, I feel that slowly I'm getting in to grips with posing, but I think I need to be a bit more lose when it comes to posing, I try to make the character to follow a path rather than free his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment